My boys LOVE taco salad and I enjoy making it so much!
It gives me ample room to get creative and make the best use of many of the ingredients I always keep in stock in my pantry.
Taco night à La Ruby! 🌮🇲🇽🤩
Taco Salad with all the fixings:
Salsa Con Queso 🧀
Cherry Tomatoes 🍅
Black Beans 🌯
Salsa Verde 🌿
Sour Cream 🍚
Taco Sauce 🥫
The meat is seasoned and cooked to perfection 👌🏻
The homemade Taco Seasoning recipe:
🌶 1 tablespoon chili powder
🧅 1/2 tsp onion powder
🌿 1/2 tsp oregano
🌶 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
🧄 1/2 tsp garlic powder
🧂 1 tsp paprika
🥄1 1/2 tsp cumin
🧂 1 tsp salt
🥄 1 tsp black pepper
Mix well and store in an airtight jar. 👩🏻🍳👌🏻
So let’s get to the recipe:
– Here I used 2.5 pounds 90% lean ground beef.
– Heat a thick bottom non-stick skillet very well.
– Add the chopped meat and break it up with a wooden spoon. No need to add oil or butter to the skillet.
– Cook the meat on medium hight heat until it’s completely browned, stirring it frequently, so it cooks and browns evenly.
– Add 2 batches of Taco Seasoning mix. You can use your favorite store bought brand, or make your own at home like it did. You’ll find the recipe in my previous post.
– Stir the the meat with spices, lower heat to medium-low, add 1/3 cup of hot water, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the meat has fully cooked and absorbed all the water.
– Set it aside to cool off a little, while you put the salad platter together.
– I chopped up some romaine lettuce, cut a few cherry tomatoes in half and arranged them on the serving plate with shredded cheddar cheese. Lastly, I added a handful of the taco meat in the center and topped it with some chives.
I put all the other toppings and sauces in separate bowls, so we can each customize it to our taste and liking.
And voila! Bon Appétit ❤️
MADE WITH LOVE!