I recreated my BFF Assoumy’s recipe, @byasmaahesham on Instagram, simply because she makes it best! It’s very easy to put together, so hearty and comforting!
You will need:
2 pounds of sirloin steak cubes, butter, olive oil, 1 large onion (chopped), 4 cloves garlic (chopped), 1 pound mushrooms (sliced), 2 tablespoons tomato paste or tomato purée, 2 beef bouillon cubes, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, some fresh thyme, fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 cup cream
Time for dinner:
– Coat 2 pounds (about 1 kilo) steak in flour. I use sirloin steak cubes, but beef filet or any stew meat will work perfectly.
– Sear the meat in butter and olive oil and when browned all around.
– Add chopped onion and cook it with meat for 10 minutes.
– Add chopped garlic cloves and cook for another 10 minutes.
– Add sliced mushrooms (I used Baby Bella🍄), tomato paste or tomato purée, beef bouillon cubes, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, some fresh thyme, salt and pepper to your taste. Give it a good mix and stir.
– Cook for 5 minutes to allow all the flavors to marry.
– Add hot water, just enough to cover the meat.
– Add a handful of chopped fresh parsley, lower heat to medium, cover the pot and let it simmer for half an hour.
– At this point the meat will be fully cooked and the sauce will thicken.
– Add cream and bring it to a light boil.
– Serve over mashed potatoes and Bon Appétit ❤️
Join me at Ruby’s Kitchen on Instagram: