A bowl, a wooden spoon and a handful of ingredients make for a bread that will lift your spirits and scent your home with fresh rosemary!
You will need:
3 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon active yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup olives (chopped), a sprig of fresh rosemary leaves (chopped) and 1 3/4 cup lukewarm water.
No-Knead Rosemary Olive Bread📝:
– In a large bowl combine flour, salt, active dry yeast and stir with whisk.
– Add olives, fresh rosemary and lukewarm water.
– Mix together with a wooden spoon, until a shaggy dough forms.
– Cover and set aside for at least 5 hours and up to 12 hours. The dough will double in size and will be sticky.
Four hours later:
– Preheat oven to 450F and warm your Dutch Oven.
Five hours later:
– Sprinkle the dough top with some flour and flip it out of the bowl on a generously floured surface.
– Flour your hands, shape the dough into a ball and transfer it to a floured piece of parchment paper. – Using a dough scraper or your hands, tuck the sides of the dough in to give it an even round shape.
– At this point, the oven should be preheated and the Dutch oven inside it should be very hot. Carefully take out of oven, remove the lid.
– Transfer the parchment paper with the dough on top inside the Dutch oven. Put the lid on and bake covered on 450F for 1/2 an hour.
– Remove the lid, place a tray of warm water on the rack below the Dutch oven and bake for another 1/2 an hour uncovered, until the bread is crusty and golden brown.
And VOILA!! Enjoy a delicious fresh bread baked in the comfort of your own home, made with just a handful of ingredients and lots of love ❤️ Bon Appétit ❤️
Join me at Ruby’s Kitchen on Instagram: