One of my all time favorite dishes to order at Italian restaurants; Chicken Milanese salad 🥗😍
Perfectly marinated and fried chicken cutlets, served over a delicious arugula salad, topped with shaved asiago cheese. Holy Yum!! 🤩
The secret to a tender and juicy fried chicken cutlet is always a good balanced marinade. 🥗🇮🇹
Here’s the recipe for the tenderest and juiciest chicken schnitzels you’ll ever try! Even better when you enjoy it Milanese style 🍗🇮🇹🥗👌🏻
🍗For the chicken marinade, you’ll need:
– 8 thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets
– Salt & Pepper to taste. I used @badiaspices white pepper
– 1 teaspoon @badiaspices onion powder
– 1 teaspoon @badiaspices garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon @badiaspices Complete seasoning
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup club soda or seltzer water
– Bread crumbs; I used @badiaspices seasoned bread crumbs
– 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
– 3 eggs
– ¼ cup water
Place the chicken cutlets in a bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and mix very well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
Prepare the egg wash by beating the eggs and water together, until they’re well combined. Dredge both sides of each chicken cutlet in flour, then dip them in the egg wash, and lastly coat them on both sides with bread crumbs. Arrange breaded cutlets in a single layer on a tray and refrigerate for half an hour.
In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat and fry the chicken cutlets two pieces at a time, for 2 minutes on each side, or until nicely golden in color. Transfer fried cutlets onto a rack to get rid of any excess oil and set aside until you make the salad.
🥗For the salad:
– Sliced red onion
– Sliced Anise
– Halved cherry tomatoes
– Shaved Pecorino and Asiago cheese
For the dressing:
– 4 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons red grape vinegar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all the dressing ingredients very well and pour over the salad. Plate your dish as you please; it doesn’t matter if the salad is on top, on the side or underneath the chicken. It will be mouthwatering delicious anyway 😊
MADE WITH LOVE!