You will need: 2 leeks, 1 medium chopped onion, 6 sliced garlic cloves and 1/2 cup of fresh chives, butter, oil, potatoes, your choice of Cream, milk, half and half, or chicken stock.
- First, Sauté 2 sliced leeks, 1 medium chopped onion, 6 sliced garlic cloves and 1/2 a cup of fresh chives (or the green part of scallion)
- Add in a spoon of butter and a spoon of oil.
- Add 5 cubed potatoes and cook it for five minutes.
- Cover the pot, lower heat and simmer soup until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Take the pot off the stove, add 1/2 cup chives and purée the soup with a hand blender or in the food processor.
- The soup will be thick; add cream, milk, half and half or chicken stock to bring the soup to your desired thickness.
- Heat it up, serve and enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram to see how I make these delicious recipes step by step!