- You’ll need:
- 4 cups cut up figs
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 whole cloves
- In a medium saucepan add the sliced figs and sugar, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bring the figs and all the juice they released to a boil
- Add the salt, lemon juice, ground cloves, star anise, cinnamon stick and whole cloves.
- Once it boils, using a potato masher, mush the softened figs until you reach your desired jam consistency.
- Lower heat and let the jam simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and drops heavily from the spoon.
- Transfer it to clean sanitized jars and do not put the lids on until the jam has totally cooled off and Voila!
- Bon Appétit!
Want to see how I made this? Follow me on Instagram!