For the filling:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup cream
- 3 cups of your favorite grated cheese mix. I used Greek Halloumi, pecorino romano and Turkish string cheeses
- 2/3 cup Turkish or Summer sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- Handul of fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients using a large whisk and pour into the prepared Phyllo crust.
- Assembling the Phyllo crust: Brush the bottom and sides of a 11 inch tart pan or cast iron skillet with butter. Take the first Phyllo sheet and set it in the pan, making sure it hangs at least on inch on each side over the edge of the pan and brush it entirely with butter. Lay 1 more Phyllo sheet across the top and brush with butter (rotated a half-turn in the opposite direction, so that the edges hang over the long side of the first sheet. You are trying to create a circle). Repeat with the remaining Phyllo sheets, laying 1 sheet at a time, and alternating the direction of the sheets until you reach the last layer
- Carefully fold the edges of the Phyllo sheets in the pan to create a symmetrical tart edge.
- Now, spread the filling evenly on top of the Phyllo crust and top with the fresh oregano leaves.
- Place the tart pan on top of a larger sheet pan. Slide onto the middle rack of the oven and bake on 325F for 40 – 50 minutes or until the cheese filling melts and the fillo crust crisps up and turns golden brown in color. Remove from heat and set aside so that the cheese cools and sets completely.
Serve warm and enjoy! 👩🏻🍳👌🏻