- 2 medium eggplants, roasted (whole and unpeeled)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped (leaves only)
- 3 scallions, white and green parts
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced green, red and yellow peppers
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses, optional but highly recommended
- salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil as desired
– Roast or chargrill the two eggplants, whole and unpeeled, until soft. Transfer them to a glass bowl and cover it for about 10 minutes. This makes the process of peeling the roasted eggplant much easier. Remove the skin, chop off the head and drain any excess fluid.
– Mash the eggplant with a fork and add the chopped pepper, scallion, tomato, parsley, minced garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and olive oil.
– Combined all very well and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with diced veggies and parsley
and drizzle olive oil and some pomegranate molasses on top.
Serve with hot pita bread, flatbread or pita chips. Enjoy! 👩🏻🍳👌🏻