- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups asparagus, chopped (reserve a few tops for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 Serrano or Shishito peppers, finely chopped (save a few slices for garnish)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup cream (optional)
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter and olive oil, in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and sauté for 3 more minutes. Add asparagus, garlic and peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth, salt and pepper and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée until smooth. Add cream if desired and serve immediately. Garnish with asparagus tops, pepper slices and/or edible flowers.
Bon Appétit 👩🏻🍳👌🏻