- 1 pound ground meat (I used 1/2 beef & 1/2 veal)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients then roll into equal size meatballs.
- In a large cast iron or any heavy bottom skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and cook the meatballs until brown on each side.
- Make the sauce: in a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter, add 2 tablespoons flour and whisk until it turns golden brown in color. Add 2 cups beef broth, 1 cup cream, 1 large tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon mustard. Whisk all together until well combined and sauce starts to thicken. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
2 Comments Add yours
Just made it
Its very very easy and delicious 😍😍
LikeLiked by 1 person