This is one of my Mama’s recipes and an all time favorite dish for my family. It is amazing how a few simple ingredients can create such a delicious flavor, when cooked together.
In a large Tagine or oven-safe stoneware mix the following:
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 12 cubes each
- 1 very large or 2 medium onions, cut into medium size pieces
- 1 cup cut up celery, stalks and leaves
- 1 cup colored sweet peppers, cut up same size as the onion
- 12 fresh sausages, cut in 3 or 4 pieces each
Add some fresh oregano and a sliced medium tomato on top of the veggies and sausage mix.
Prepare the sauce in a bowl by combining the following:
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Pour the sauce over the veggies, cover the Tagine with tin foil and place it on a roasting pan or a thick baking sheet. Bake it in a 420F preheated oven, for 90 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Turn the oven off, remove cover and leave the Tagine in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Serve with white rice and enjoy! 👩🏻🍳👌🏻