- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola or corn oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups mashed banana, about 2 large or 3 small bananas
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk again.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda)
- Add the dry ingredients, mashed banana and chocolate chips to the wet ingredients, and with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, gently fold together until all is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 50 minutes. At this point, open the oven door slightly and slide a piece of tin foil over the bread and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and open the door. Leave the banana bread in while the oven door is open for just 2-3 minutes, no more than that.
- Take the bread out of the oven and set it on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes, then slide a knife around the inside of the pan and carefully turn the banana bread out to a cooling rack. Allow it to cool completely
Serve & Enjoy! 👩🏻🍳👌🏻