- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushroom (about 450 grams) – I used baby Bella & shitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (optional)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 beef or chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 cup light cream, half & Half (or can be substituted by evaporated milk)
- In a large pot heat butter and oil over medium-high heat until butter is melted.
- Sauté chopped onion for 3 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium, add salt, pepper, bouillon cubes and fish sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally until soup has thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in the cream and fresh oregano. Allow to gently simmer for 3 minutes (do not boil) and voila!!
Bon Appétit 👩🏻🍳👌🏻