- 5 cups roughly chopped leek, white and light green parts
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Yukon potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 7 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped chives for garnish
Over medium heat, sauté the chopped leek and garlic in butter, stirring regularly until soft and wilted.
Add potatoes, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Purée the soup with a hand-blender until smooth. Add the cream and bring to a simmer until you reach the desired thickness.
Serve and garnish with chopped chives.