- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 slices thick cut French, Italian or Challah bread
- 2 Peaches sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons good quality peach marmalade
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk and vanilla. Meanwhile, melt butter in a 12-inch skillet. Dip bread in egg mixture, one piece at a time and fry slices until golden brown. This will need to be done in a few batches and may need additional butter in between batches.
- Lay cooked bread in 14 X 8 baking dish standing up and shingled and alternated with peach slices. After last piece of bread is fried pour remaining egg mixture into baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Gently warm the marmalade in a small saucepan then remove the dish from the oven and brush the marmalade over the top of the bread. Put pudding back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Top with blueberries and serve immediately.