1 pound Chinese egg noodles
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, white & green parts, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Heat wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, half the garlic, half the ginger and half the scallions and sauté for one minute. Add the shrimp and cook until it starts to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the wok, add remaining garlic, ginger and scallions. Sauté for 30 seconds, then add the mushrooms, celery, carrots and cabbage. Sauté the veggies for 4 – 5 minutes, until they begin to caramelize.
Wisk the cornstarch into 2 tablespoons of cold water. Once completely dissolved, add it to the sauce.
Add the sauce to the veggies in the wok and bring to a simmer. Toss in the shrimp and noodles and serve.